1. One of the smallest hotels in the world in on El Hierro with only four rooms!
2. The microclimate in the Canary Islands is one of the best in the world.
3. The last volcanic eruption took place in 1971 in La Palma
4. It is the Spanish community which recycles most of its water.
5. Their carnavals are agreed to be the best in the world!
6. Christopher Columbus stopped here
7. Mount Teide in Tenerife is the highest peak in Spain
9. The wind and water energy station in El Hierro makes the island self
sufficient in clean energy
10. The oldest golf club in Spain is in Gran Canaria
11. They have the oldest species of crab in the world
12. Tenerife boasts one of the ten longest volcanic tubes in the world
13. La Palma airport uses wind energy
14. They host the most important classical music event in European Winter
15. They win awards for wine and cheeses
16. They have a whistling language that is unique in the world
17. Agatha Christie visited in 1927 and set 2 books on the islands.
18. They emerged from the ocean 23 million years ago
19. The only native camels in Europe are found there
20. The pine wood on the island has the ability to resist fire!